The Hoboken Elysianettes Running Society (HERS) creates a welcoming and supportive environment for women who are already runners or want to become runners. Beginners are encouraged to join, as we emphasize training, development and participation in local races. Experienced runners looking for challenges in pace and distance will find that as well.
The Elysianettes are fortunate to call Hoboken, NJ home. Our weekly runs take advantage of the waterfront’s paths and piers and are complemented by unbeatable views of the Hudson River and the New York City skyline. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization under the Road Runners Clubs of America. We also assist with volunteering at various events, including the annual HoBOOken 5K and Kids’ Scary Scurry to raise funds for the local charity, Hoboken Shelter.
- Strong proponents of our “No Runner Left Behind” policy. It’s no joke to us. You won’t find yourself wondering which way to turn to follow the course we run — something that separates us from many clubs.
- Reliable. We don’t miss scheduled runs. No matter the weather or the week … we are there.
- New runners training for their first half marathons and marathons this spring/summer.
- Seasoned runners who have run multiple marathons and half marathons.
- Casual runners who start off every Saturday with us, do a run, grab a cup of coffee and catch up with the group afterward.
- Early risers. We have a solid group of regulars who get up at 6am, even in the cold winter weather, to run with us.
- Fun and friendly people who enjoy social events together (a girls’ night out, a NYC Marathon watching excursion, a holiday party, a trip to participate in a NYRR race).
- Sizeable. We are a relatively big group, especially on Saturdays, which means you will likely find someone of your pace and interests to run with.
We invite you to wait to pay the annual $20 membership fee until you’ve run with us a few times and you’ve decided the Elysianettes are a good fit for you. If for any reason you’re unable to pay via this site, you can give the fee to any run leader, along with your name and email address.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.